Your use of the Kent and Medway Medical School website is subject to the terms and conditions found on below.
KMMS is a collaborative, equal, initiative between Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent, with its own distinctive identity.
- Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the joint property of Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent (referred to jointly as “the Universities” and each a “University”).
- The Universities maintain the website for your personal use and viewing. You may access any part of the site and download or copy material for non-commercial use. Without prior approval from both Universities, access is not permitted for copying, distributing or use of the materials contained on the website for any commercial purpose. Access and use by you constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this statement, and take effect from your first use.
- Any copyright in the material contained on this website belongs to the Universities or their licensors. English law and international trademark law protect any trademarks.
- Information placed on this website by any department of the Universities has been prepared solely for providing selected information about the KMMS Medical School together with the Universities including their subsidiary companies and organisations with which they are associated, and the respective services offered.
- The Universities seek to ensure that the information on this website is up to date but can make no warranty that information contained on this website is complete, accurate or up-to-date at all times, and the information may be subject to change.
- Where this website offers links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked site, the Universities are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site. The Universities are not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site. The links are provided to assist visitors to the website and the inclusion of a link does not imply that the Universities endorse or has approved the linked site.
- The Universities reserve the right to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any pages on the website.
- The Universities make no warranty that use of the website will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free; or that use will not affect other software or operating systems used to access the website.
- The Universities make no warranty that use of the website will not infringe the rights of any other person or organisation; or that it is of reasonable quality or fit for any particular purpose, even if the Universities received notice of an intention to use the website for that purpose.
- The Universities accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by other parties as a direct or indirect result of using this website, including loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of business, and consequential loss, to the extent permitted in law.
- You may contribute to any discussion boards on the website, provided you follow the Posting Rules; your use is only authorised on that basis. Persons submitting material other than departments of the Universities to this website are solely responsible for the material and any claims relating to its content, whether made against either or both of the Universities or otherwise. The opinions of such persons are those of the individuals making them, and not of the Universities. The Universities accept no responsibility for such opinions or any claims resulting from them.
- While the Universities do not exercise editorial control over any content posted to the website by users, the Universities reserve the right at their sole discretion to remove any content about which they receive notification that they consider objectionable. The Universities may remove such content whether or not the objection is sustainable. In addition, the Universities reserve the right to review, edit or delete any comments posted by users deemed defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable. The Universities accept no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties by means of the website, to the extent permitted in law.
Prohibitions and Regulation of Use
- Subject to the above, those gaining access to this website are authorised to make use of the website and of any interactive facilities available through it, for any lawful purposes. The following is a non-exclusive list of uses which are expressly prohibited:
- using the website to commit or encourage unlawful acts;
- misrepresenting the user's identity or authority;
- distributing any virus or other device intended to cause nuisance, loss or corruption of any information on the website or accessed through it, or of any systems used to operate the website or any systems accessed through it;
- tampering with communications that are not the user's, or making any alteration to any information on the website;
- accessing or attempting to access other user accounts;
- any misuse, including hacking, or attempting to hack, any part of the website, system used to run it, or system accessed through the website;
- disrupting the flow of communications in interactive areas;
- storing personal data derived from the website;
- posting material that:
- is offensive, obscene or hateful, or which other users are likely to consider offensive, obscene or hateful;
- infringes intellectual property rights;
- defames or threatens other people or organisations;
- Use of the website by members of either University is subject to that University’s rules relating to the use of computers.
- Use of the website by students of the KMMS is subject to the University of Kent’s rules relating to the use of computers.
- The Universities may collect e-mail addresses and other contact details, together with any comments, provided voluntarily by means of this website, and information on pages visited. The purpose is to make contact for marketing purposes and the supply of information, and to improve the content of the website.
- If the Universities do not to enforce any right against you, this does not constitute the waiver of such a right.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- English law governs these terms and conditions, and they shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
- If a court having competent jurisdiction finds one of these terms illegal or unenforceable, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining terms.
Comments and Enquiries
- You should address any enquires about these terms and conditions of use to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Universities aim to make the website accessible to as many people as possible, including people with special needs. If you have any comments or suggestions as to how we may improve the website to make it more accessible to you, please contact email@example.com
- The Universities seek to make the website compatible with all browsers, but there may be inconsistencies in the presentation of pages if you use an older browser.